Tuesday 19 August 2008

Richard Swift


The man gets on stage by himself and takes up the space with his presence, he walks over to the piano and sits down. Whatever he is doing looks natural in an odd kind of way, he sings with his eyes covered in a curly fringe. He's saying something like: "when he speaks a whole novel comes out of his mouth" I can't understand all the lyrics but I know that there's some pretty good poetry going on and it's not using all the usual cliches. It's him telling stories in an abstract imaginative way, kind of honest, he's not really a dreamer but his stories have a way of telling it how it is together with the powers of exageration.

Richard Swift let me borrow his amp that night because I was supporting him, which I do have to say was an honour. The artist who is represented by Secretly Canadian was doing a solo gig at the Enterprise, London January 2007, he usually plays with a band.

I've just checked his website and you can download some free tracks...

website

1 comment: